Sunday, April 24, 2011

street fairs and ammonites

I love street fairs, and today that was where I finally got a fossil necklace!  I treated myself to one with an ammonite, by Yumi Chen.  In her bio, from her website:


Yumi Chen is an accomplished concert violinist, professional pastry chef, and mathematician. In 2003, she redefined herself as a jewelry designer and entrepreneur, launching her online store at yumichen.com.


Apparently she got her degree in mathematics, studied pastry in Paris, and worked in New York and Boston restaurants for several years.  Now she designs jewelry.  Not sure when she got the concert violinist stuff done, but she is one accomplished woman!


Here's the necklace I got today:

A dead animal for my neck!

Yumi's other jewelry can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. I can only hope that in 100,000 years, I'm a piece of jewelry for some newly evolved 100-foot-tall sentient.

    ReplyDelete